How good is your leadership?
Transformational leadership training for care service managers and management teams (2 day course)
Leadership in your care service is a key component of the Care Inspectorate Quality Framework. There are many leadership styles that will get the job done, but how can you lead your team in a way that cultivates a culture of improvement and drives your service forward?
Transformational leadership changes culture by motivating and inspiring your team through a shared vision. Leading your team in a style that encourages, inspires and motivates them to innovate and create change will help grow and shape your service to be the best it can be.
This two day training course with Trish McGlynn, an accredited Transformational Leadership coach, and Francesca Aaen, an experienced mentor and leader in healthcare, will teach you transformational leadership and management skills to inspire a positive culture and bring improvement to your care service.
At the end of this two-day course you will be able to:
- Understand the difference between management and leadership
- Identify key management styles, including your own
- Understand the attributes of effective leaders
- Implement strategies to improve your time management
- Describe the mind of a leader and understand the neuroscience behind why we behave the way we do
- Use a coaching approach to communicate effectively, motivate and develop your team
- Share visions and values through team coaching
- Use effective conflict management skills
- Implement improvement methodology
- Build your own resilience and wellbeing using mindfulness and other techniques
Attendees will be expected to attend both days and undertake ‘homework’ in the weeks between the two sessions. These short, practical workplace-based tasks will underpin the learning from day one and be important for reflection and discussion on day two.
Ticket price £295 for 2 days including lunch and refreshments
Thursday 10th October and Thursday 14th November 2019
9.30am – 4pm
The Alona Hotel, Strathclyde Country Park, Motherwell ML1 3RT
This course is run in partnership with Simply Caring Solutions.